Monday, September 12, 2011

Challenge #2 Intended Use

Good morning & thanks for stoping in to check out this weeks challenge.

It's time to look at your supplies in a different way. In this weeks challenge we are asking you to pick out a tool, an embellishment, a border punch or anything else that you can use in a different way from it's intended use.

My tool of choice....an eyelet setter. I used it to create a worn or distressed edge to some papers.


Here are a few suggestions to help get the ideas flowing:

~Put paint on an embossing folder before you use it
~Use a border punch and create a rolled flower
~Pick out some photo corners and use them to make an arrow
~Attach brads to your page with the wings opened on front of your layout

Don't forget to link your finished project using Mr. Linky so we can check it out.

Now let's see what the rest of the creative contributors have come up with.......

Barb
I really needed to put my thinking cap on for this challenge. In the end I came up with the idea of using my paper crimper to make an "accordian flower" on the right side of the page.



Lynne
Here is my challenge entry. I too had some problems thinking of something to use and to be honest, I elicited some help from friends. I grabbed my paint and a sticker to use as a mask to get my journal spot (Cannon Hall Rm 214).


We can't wait to see what interesting new uses you have for your stuff !

6 comments:

Michal said...

Cool, I'll see what I can do here.....
by the way, I love both the layouts!

Barbara said...

great layout Michal. I'm so jealous of all the cute dance layouts you get to do.

Leigh-Ann said...

Sorry, I am a little late sharing this. Once again, I did not make a page but this time I used paper!! I love using my Silhouette and discovering all the cool things you can do with it. Best tool ever!

Unknown said...

Very cool projects Leigh-Ann ! Love the KB kits too.
thanks for participating in this weeks challenge.

Lynne said...

Leigh-Ann. I don't care when you do the challenge, I am thrilled that you did. Thanks for participating. Cool projects!

Barbara said...

Leigh-Ann, that looks amazing!! I just got the Silhouette and so this really excites me!