Monday, September 26, 2011

Challenge #4 Mist it baby

Welcome back to another Use Your Stuff challenge, I'm excited to host my first challenge here.
This weeks the challenge is to get out your mists and use them on your layout or project.
Use it a lot or use it a little, make it sparkle or make it splatter or get out a paint brush and colour
your world.

Just mist it baby!

Here on my layout I used my October Afternoon sprinklers to spray my title
before I adhered it to my page.



It's time to check out what the other creative contributors made for this weeks challenge.

Joy
I created my own background using Mr. Huey's lemonade mist and a mask I cut on the Silhouette
called flower_4_petal_square. I can see myself using this technique quite a bit,
in card making and scrapbooking.


Lynne

I don't usually Mist anything. In fact I had ot find my mists. I had painted the chipboard arrows bright yellow as purple & yellow are the school colors for AlfredU. This layout is going in my daughters college album so I am trying to stick to those school colors. Anyway, the yellow color was too bright so I used Tattered Angels Graphite mist and dulled the color just enough. I see that am going to have to use my mists more often.

Barb
I finally got mine done for this challenge. I had some fun with my mists, but I used them a little differently. I didn't mist the background paper. I used my mists to colour my chipboard letters and the chipboard circle. I used two colours - glitter brown and orange. Unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice, but I really like the effect. They have a nice shimmer to them.
I also sprayed the mist on a sponge and used it to ink all around the edges of the layout and the journaling strips - again, it has a nice shimmer to it.
I will definately be playing with my shimmer mists again very soon.



It's now your turn to commit to the mist!

We love seeing your creations so don't forget use mr. linky below.

16 comments:

Michal said...

Wow, those are awesome examples! Love the layout and card! I have heard good things about that Mr. Huey spray. Do you like it Joy? Better than the others we tried?

Off to have a go at this........

Leigh-Ann said...

Great samples - I love it on the title it gives a great effect. The card is Pretty too, great choice putting the grey with the yellow. I don't own any misters - but I have a spray attachment for my copic's I might use instead.

bonkdawn said...

Great challenge! Joy, I have been dying to try that with my Silhouette - great job!

Unknown said...

Thanks Dawn, it's a fab. technique & so easy. Maybe you'll be able to give it a try for this challenge.

Leigh-Ann said...

I just want to say that glimmer mist is evil. This morning I did not own any but when I went to the Bug today it called my name and I bought one colour to give it a try and see what it could do. I watched several videos to find just the right technique and then went to play, and this is what I learned. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! and must own every colour and mist everything I own. I think it is going to be a new addiction for me. This weeks challenge is not helping me use my stuff it's making me want to buy more stuff!! Thanks for the inspiration, off to see what else I can mist and what other colours I just must have.

Michal said...

Good Job Enabling Janet! Pretty soon she'll have as much stuff as us!

Michal said...

Hey, What happened to Mr. Linky?

Michal said...

Lynne, I really like how the graphite mist worked on the yellow. Works perfectly with the rest of the layout.

Barb, very creative! I would never have thought to sponge it on the paper like that! Looks great!

Unknown said...

Cool idea Barb! I have never tried that. Your layout is fabulous. Where did you get the tree and leaves?

jennybird said...

Very nice Lo's......love misting

Barbara said...

hahahaha, Joy! It's a print and cut from the Silhouette. Cool, eh? I had so much fun with it.

I'm really enjoying seeing what everyone is creating.

Lynne said...

This was a fun challenge. Thanks Janet. I might need to get more colors too, Leigh-Ann.
Barb, cool idea to sponge it on the edges.

Leigh-Ann said...

I had a blast with this challenge!!

Barb, love your leaves I will have to try the print and cut option again. I love my silhouette, there are so many things you can do with it. I liked your idea of using a sponge with the glitter I will have to try that next time.

Lynne said...

Beautiful card, Leigh-Ann. You sure "took" to that Glimmer Mist really well. I look forward to seeing more.

bonkdawn said...

Joy! You inspired me to try that technique and it was so much fun! Thank you! Michel - can't wait to see the rest of that project - it looks stunning! Leigh-Ann, that card is beautiful! Thanks for the challenge, gals!

Unknown said...

YAY I am so happy that you gave it a try Dawn. Your card is amazing!