Monday, May 23, 2016

Challenge # 224 Get Inky


Hello All! Renee here for this weeks challenge. I am totally fascinated by all the video tutorials on the many uses of ink.  Who knew they could be used for so much.  From stamping, to water-coloring to all kinds of other techniques, inks are truly one of the most versatile products in our crafty arsenal. This week I challenge you to pull out your inks and give them some love.  Bonus if you can use multiple inks in one project.

For my project, I tried an ink blending technique with 3 different shades of Ranger distress ink.  I used Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves along with my mini ink blending tool to create the blended background for my planner dashboard. I then used a mini mister to splatter small droplet of water on the blended background for texture. You can head over to my blog for more details.


So, pull out your inks and join us this week as we get inky!  Can't wait to see what you create.



I used RANGER Distress Ink in different colours: Fossilized Amber, Salty Ocean, Fired Brick and Archival Ink in Black.




I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp my sentiment and Classic Ink color Blushing Bride to create the soft color to see through the die cut. 




I love this kind of technique... getting INKY!  I used Distress inks and a circle stencil to create this fun effect.  Stop over to my blog to see all the details!



I LOVE getting inky so thought of this layout I did some time ago to share with you when this great challenge by Renee came up! For this piece I used Tim Holtz distress inks in various colours to create the background with some stamped ink splatters to add texture. I used applied some ink through an arrow stencil to add some interest in the background.




I used Tim Holtz distress ink on this already embossed panel then popped it onto my very first acrylic card.


Amanda


I used four different Tim Holtz distress inks to create some dimension and interest and behind my photos on this layout. The inks I chose were: picked raspberry, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, and mowed lawn. I hope you will stop by my blog to read more and check out my You Tube process video that goes with this layout as well. Happy Crafting!


Julia

I used several inks on my layout, you can find the details at my blog as well as close ups of the details.


Looks like we forgot to put in the linky for everyone. If your link is in the commets, no problem! That works! :)  We have extended this challenge until 4pm on Sunday May 29th and will post the highlights, later in the evening!  Sorry everyone
- Tammy


No comments: